Double heiau KIP-1010 viewed from the SE corner. (Photo composite by Clive Ruggles)
View from the SE corner of the E enclosure at KIP–1010 showing the alignment along the E wall towards a prominent cluster of cinder cones on the Haleakalā ridgeline to the N. (Photo by Clive Ruggles; colour version of figure 7.28 in the book)
View eastward along the S wall of the E enclosure. (Photo by Clive Ruggles)
- For a site plan see figure 7.27 in the book.
- Figure 3.9 in the book shows an aerial view of the double heiau from the south, showing the canoe-prow corners in the foreground.
- Figure 7.29 in the book shows a DTM-generated profile of the eastern horizon as seen from heiau KIP-1010, with horizontal bars indicating the various directions discussed in the text.
- For orientation data see the Additional tables page.
- For all-round horizon profiles at this site see the All-round profiles page.