View eastwards along the NNW wall of heiau KIP-1156, showing the ruins of St Ynez church lying underneath the part of the Haleakalā slope where the Pleiades would have risen in the 17th and 18th centuries. (Photo by Clive Ruggles)
- For a site plan see figure 7.37 in the book.
- Figure 3.7 in the book shows the heiau from the air with a clear view of the internal dividing walls.
- For the cultural content of excavations at this site, see table 7.4 in the book.
- For orientation data see the Additional tables page.
- For all-round horizon profiles at this site see the All-round profiles page.